I was so excited when Angie
over at Simple Healthy Mom
nominated me for the Blogger Recognition Award
. It's always heart-filling when someone sees your efforts and encourages you to keep on, keeping on which is what our tribe is all about. #tribekoko
(k-keep o-on k-keeping o-on = koko). So, I am excited to pay it forward!
As part of the award, I get to nominate some other sweet bloggers who encourage and inspire me to keep on, keeping on so read all the way to the end :). As part of the award, we were asked to share why we blog and give two pieces of advice to new bloggers (which is funny since I still feel so "new" to blogging for more than my family!).
Why I blog?
I began blogging back in 2009 as a way to keep an online scrapbook for my family. Fast forward to 2016 and almost 1500 posts later, I took my blog "public" so that I could share my love of Jesus
(more about that here
) and encourage women to keep on keeping on toward a joyful, faith-filled life
. You can read more about me
here. Life can be hard and we all need someone to come along side us and whisper truth and encouragement, my goal is always to put the wind in your sails, provide practical advice, with humor and fun too!
Two Four Pieces of Blogging Advice
1. There is a learning curve anytime you start something new.
When I started running, my lungs burned, my legs ached and by the end it was all I could do to just finish. Then as I continued in my training, minutes would pass without me even thinking about my breathing, one foot in front of the other. Any skill takes time to learn and become proficient in. Keep on, keeping on!
2. Don't let fear hold you back.
Yes there are a lot of blogs out there. but if you feel a calling to blog, you should do it. Just like we need more than one Pastor, more than one school teacher, more than one doctor. Different people respond better to different teaching and writing styles. Someone needs to hear your voice.
3. Connect with other bloggers and encourage them.
I have found some of the sweetest friends (whom I have never met in real life but I hope to) and their encouragement, comments and advice have meant so much to me. One of my favorite quotes is -- A rising tide lifts all boats. Be a boat lifter!
4. Take on one thing at a time.
There are a million things you can be doing behind the scenes to promote and prepare your blog. You will get overwhelmed quite quickly. Feeling overwhelmed will quickly paralyze you. Choose one thing to do well and once you get good at it (like I said in #1), then add on something else. The fastest way to burn out is having too many things on the stove, amen?
I would like to give my Blogger Recognition Awards to each of these 10 ladies, who inspire me and have become sweet friends. They raise my boat and put the wind in its sails as we all keep on, keeping on! I hope you check them all out and encourage them today!
BYBMG Blog - Becky is a fellow Iowa blogger and teacher so I felt an instant kinship to her. She is so talented. My favorite posts recently have been her pom pom DIY necklace and earrings. She is always full of awesome budget-friendly fashion ideas.
Lindsay's Sweet World
- I "met" Lindsay through a link-up and she has been a great mentor with Instagram! She wrote a great post
all about how to get started on Instagram!
Tractors and Glam Blog
- Jenna is such an encourager, I am pretty sure it's just the kindergarten teacher in her. She always has a kind word and she is so creative. She is always coming up with awesome activities for her kids, including this recent post.
Blogging the In Between
- I got to know Molly via Instagram and she guest-posted
on my blog. Her story is incredible. Her authenticity captures your heart. She is currently training for a half-marathon and I am rooting her on! She will help you find hope right where you are.
Home Sweet Hensley
- She is the best cheerleader and so sweet. I love watching her life unfold and learning all about pageant life on her blog. She doesn't shy away from sharing hard parts of her life but she always has a smile and a funny for you!
Jasper and Willow
- I met her right when I started to take my blog more public. We just hit it off and have watched each other grow as bloggers, cheerleading along the way. She is full of tips and tricks to make life easier.
Our Busy Little Life
- Jenny is my go to for book recommendations. She is an avid reader and likes the same types of reading I do. She also lives in the most beautiful part of our country and I just love reading about her life, her family and her busy little life. She is always full of sweet encouragement.
Mommy in a Nutshell
- I love reading all about her family's adventures and my mommy heart could relate as she recounted her recent Niagara Falls trip! She is so relatable and always has darling photos from all of their sweet moments together as a family!
This Happy Life
-- Talk about going for it and succeeding, this gal just started a Facebook deals group and is rocking it. She has 3 darling kiddos and I love all the deals she finds and hearing all about her life with her littles!
For those nominated, here are the rules for this award. Keep it going!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 10 other bloggers for this award.
- Comment on each blog to let them know you nominated them and provide a link to the post you created.
What encouragement would you give a new blogger? What blogger do you love to follow? Has someone encouraged you lately?
Have a great day and as always keep on keeping on toward a joyful, faith-filled life! xoxo ERIN
Labels: award, blogging, linkup