How are we rounding out 3/4 of a year already? Oh Lucille Violet. You continue to amaze us and dig a little deeper into our hearts each and everyday. We all love you so. You continue to have an assortment of sweet nicknames from Squish Squish, Lucykins, Lucy Girl, Baby Girl and the list goes on but those are our favorites! You are such a delight and just the happiest, chillest baby around. I call you my "therapy baby", the gals at bible study pass you around and all enjoy a baby snuggle from you and you happily oblige (as long as they are gals, guys except for Solon and Daddy are just not your thing ;). You were up to so much this month...everyday you find something new to do or show off with new choppers. My heart can't take all this growing up but thankfully you will still nurse to sleep in my arms, let me happily hold you and just are a nice snuggle bug -- thank you very much!
- You like to ride in the stroller like a big girl now...you have no desire to sit in your car seat in there. You can't see. We have been walking to get Solon from school and you love to ride facing forward.
- We are working on training you to sleep through the night. It's going slowly....
- You still like to nurse regularly. Generally you nurse in the morning, then around mid-day, and once more in the afternoon and then twice at night to fill you up for overnight...so I think a total of 5 times these days! I love that special time, I sure will miss that "just us" time.
- You now like to have 2 meals a day generally of pureed foods. You love every food but you generally don't like green bean and pea purees. If those items are mixed with others, then you will eat them. You let us know with a squawk after each bite your distaste for them.
- You especially love fruits and I think mango might just be your favorite.
- We discovered free dried fruit melts this month and you really like those (the yogurt ones just have a tad too much milk and you spit up from them). You also love puffs and normally conclude each meal with a nice helping of those.
- We introduced cheerios this month and they are ok, puffs have a better flavor I guess but we continue to mix them in.
- We have given you some table food but not on a regular basis. You have tried peas (but the hulls stay in your mouth), cooked cut up green beans, and pears. You have good dexterity and don't have any trouble picking those slimy foods right up!
- You are still working on drinking water out of a zippy cup. You like to chew on the nipple or bang it and watch the water pour onto your tray.
- You have started slapping the spoon once you are filling up splattering puree everywhere. We have had to start holding your hands down because you think it is a really fun game.
- You have eaten out with us in the high chair with your own food. You make a mess on the floor with your puffs so we have to clean up a bit before I feel ok leaving.
|Splash Splash Happy Bathtime Baby|
- You like to get at least one nap in your bed a day and that is normally anywhere between 2-3 hours. Then you take one more cat nap on the go (sorry babe with school schedules 2 naps in your crib is just not happening but you don't care, thank you!).
- You generally get fussy for bed and nursing around 7pm, so we give you a bath (which you LOVE), nurse you and you are out by 7:30-8pm (depending on your nap schedule)
- You are wiggly in your crib now and are known to get your legs stuck. Why are bumpers so bad? You generally end up sleeping on your tummy these days which is funny since you used to hate being on your tummy!
- You still love your white blanket, sing and light toy in your crib and a pacifier too. I lay you down awake and you put yourself right to sleep! (except when you were teething!)
- You got 4 teeth in ONE WEEK...you struggled with sleep, mama bear was tired but once they popped in, everyone was happy again. You know have 6 teeth (your siblings had NONE at this age!). So far its fine with nursing, thank you ;)!
- You had your nine month check and you are healthy as can be. You weigh 20 lbs and 10 oz which puts you in the 84%, 100% for head and 27 1/4 for height (20%). You are the exact height of Vera at 9 months and 4 lbs heavier. You are growing JUST like your brother!
- You are wearing 9 month/6-12 month clothes, buying you 12-18 month on top for summer (long torso) and still wearing size 3 diapers.
- You were so excited about the paper and made mince meat of it. I couldn't even get you to look for a picture, you just wanted to put that paper in your mouth and you got a couple of good bites ;)!
- Your siblings love to comfort you, sing to you, applaud all your new tricks and so far you haven't bothered their things but I think this month that is ALL about to change!
- You are starting to scoot on your bootie on the hardwood floors and starting to try to get in all 4's from seated and on your tummy. You are getting places slowly so far but you finding lots of gems in the carpet and on the floor so we are sweeping/vacuuming often. You are so proud of yourself.
- You love to sing along to songs. Your favorites are Itsy Bitsy Spider and Pat a Cake, you do those actions so sweetly. Just melts our hearts, we sing those songs over and over because we just love watching you do it along with us.
- They taught you high five one night and you are starting to imitate sounds. None have meaning yet but you are definitely finding your voice!
- You only cry when you bonk or get bonked or if I don't hear you chatting in your bed or teething. Otherwise you might whine when you are hungry or I wipe your nose.
- You are so mild-tempered and easy going. You just go along to your sibling activities and the latest adventure. You love to held and kissed and loved on and shown attention from all of us.
We love you so much, we are starting to plan your very first birthday celebrations and as much as I am said your first year is coming to a close (got choked up typing that), I am just so incredibly thankful God saw fit to gift us YOU. We love you so much and you are the perfect addition to our family. Love you so much my squish squish...:)