On July 28th our little peanut turned one month old.
I wanted to do something different for her monthly photo so I made the little block...
She was getting tired with all the pictures so she laid down
...and then needed a nap on mommy's chest, her favorite place to be.
Little Lucy is growing and changing, this is what she did/learned this month...
- She had some solo time with mom and dad while the big kiddos went to the lake for a few days. We all enjoyed some special bonding time with her.
- She sleeps in her rock n play next to our bed for easy access in the middle of the night feedings.
- She eats about every 3 hours around the clock. Occasionally in the night she will go 4 hours and during the day sometimes we only make it 2.5 hours.
- She has a few wake periods - after her 8am feeding and generally in the evening.
- She sleeps well in her rock n play at night but generally likes to be held for sleep during the day
- She found her lungs and really only cries when she is hungry
- She poops A LOT, almost every feeding!
- She has peed on daddy a couple of times while he changes her, she hasn't gotten me yet!
- Her siblings LOVE her, fight to hold her daily and give lots and lots of kisses and hugs.
- Solon and Vera are very helpful in caring for from getting diapers to a change of clothes to shouting "volcano" when she erupts again!
- Lucy doesn't love tummy time but can lift her head and turn it side to side
- Just grew out of size newborn clothes on top, she has a LONG torso) but still needs newborn pants on the bottom (opposite of her sister!)
- Just started wearing size 1 diapers, they are a touch big...
- will sit in mamaroo or reclined high chair for about 10-15 minutes but then gets fussy and wants to be held!
- Has been to a parade, Adventureland, shopping at the mall and her siblings' activities and has been such a sweetie everywhere we go -- she is quite flexible and doesn't mind her carseat.
- She only cries in the car when she is hungry...
- Just loves to sleep on mommy's chest
- Still deciding is she sleeps better with or without the swaddle
- Still learning how to take a pacifier
- Took a bottle with daddy for the first time on her month birthday and she did ok (good since she needs to for the wedding!)
- She gets the hiccups at least once a day and they are loud
- She smiled at mommy at 1 month and 1 day old - heart.melted.
She is just the sweetest little baby and we love her so much. It's as if our hearts always knew her and she sneaks in deeper and deeper into them every single day! She is easy going and loves to be held and kissed and doted on...and we love doing it! Happy 1 month baby girl, stop growing so fast...stay little a little longer...so I can snuggle you up!