Lately, it seems life has gotten stressful at times. A number of things have come our way quite unexpectedly and it can derail you if you don't watch out BUT I have really been steadfast in trying to be thankful despite my circumstances. It isn't that life could be worse, because God isn't about comparisons and either should we. All stuff is hard but God does tell us to be thankful in all circumstances and I tell you what, when the rubber meets the road, sometimes it is harder done then said.
Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thes. 5:18
Another favorite verse is...
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Romans 12:12
What God has been showing me is when you turn your mind to thanksgiving, you start to really see all the blessings God pours out on a daily basis.
It seems lately many prayer requests we have been praying for have been answered, both big and small. For me, the thing with an answered prayer, is just like the verse above, it gives me more encouragement to continue to be faithful in prayer and joyful in hope that God is working things out...
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28
The thing it isn't always on my timing, but rather God's. And we may never know on this Earth "why" God has the timetable He does, but He is faithful in all circumstances.
Here are a just a handful of answered prayers - both big and small that God has answered...what an encouragement, that He hears our cries. And for you skeptics out there, that say it is coincidence, nothing is by coincidence in this life...
1. Solon's glasses were lost, we prayed several times at bedtime and that evening and the next morning God answered when my friend Emilie called that she had found Solon's glasses in her car that morning. Coincidence she called after we prayed, I think not! What a testimony to share and praise God for with the kids!
2. The containers made it to Zambia and our friends the Smith's and Kinzenbaw's finally have their belongings. We prayed for what seemed like forever for this prayer to be answered.
3. A friend of mine from the gym received Christ and is being transformed from brokenness and being made new - it is amazing and humbling to have walked in prayer for her.
4. Our friends sold their home for the 2nd time and for more money the 2nd time!
5. Scott had some meetings at work and was nervous for them, God was faithful in giving him confidence and those going well.
6. I feel more like myself everyday thanks to the prayers and petitions on the part of many people and seeking God to hear His voice alone and have wisdom in our diet.
There are a few more too but we are just praising God. We are joyful in the waiting that in due time the requests he still hasn't answered, including Solon's prayer for twins for our family, that God will work together all things for our good!
Be encouraged, I am - God hears our prayers!