It has been a BIG week around here and not to be missed Little Miss V turns 2 today! I still remember going to the ISU vs Iowa game VERY pregnant because my OBGYN and my hubby wanted to attend the game and of course I "rushed" er waddled on to the field and prayed I did not give birth amongst the masses. Sure enough, I didn't and little miss came into the world under dramatic circumstances and knowing our daughter who has a flare for the dramatic, it was just the entrance for her (don't know where she gets that from **wink). I have always wanted a daughter because my mom and I share a special bond and I am so thankful for this little lady He entrusted us with. Below you will find a pictoral parade of the past year....boy she has grown up right before our eyes from baby to little lady.
Vera Ann at almost 2!
Here is a recap of what she is up to at 2...
- She STILL wears size 12-18 month clothes and is in between shoe sizes 4 and 5
- Wears a size 4 diaper and goes through about 3-4 per day
- Loves chocolate milk, apple juice, donut holes, cupcakes, fruit and anything that is a snack
- PICKY eater and hates eating her vegetables, we have been known to have a battle at the dinner table to get her to eat 1 veggie (The rule at our house is you have to have as many bits of food as you are age wise - so she has had to have 1 bite - I can't imagine now that she is going to have to have 2)
- Still struggles at bedtime (but only apparently with us - did find with the grandparents - hum?!) Sleeps from 7:45-6:45 or 7AM
- Naps from 1-3:30 daily
- Loves to play outside in the rocks, play with bubbles, and water play
- Likes to be driven in her power wheels convertible
- Has PREFERENCES on things - aka opinionated...likes only pink and purple dishes and utensils, only likes certain shoes and prefers to pick out her own clothes - um what?
- Love love love to be read to and likes to reread the same book many times over
- Loves to do finger plays and movement rhymes - right now her favorite is Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear
- Loves to play in her house with play food, with her dollies and purses/dress-up
- Loves Minnie Mouse
- Loves to dance and sing (participates wildly in our family dance parties)
- Loves to paint, color and do play-doh
- Just got over her fear of going up and down stairs
- Loves to play and wrestle with big brother - they fight but they are great friends
- Loves to "talk" on her phone
- Puts her hands on her hips and crosses her arms just like me
- Says a few words but she is pretty tight lipped - we are working on it :)
- She loves to "help" around the house and cook/clean and do laundry
- Still in her crib but her big girl room is 95% ready for her when she is ready
- Still parallel plays mostly with friends but Solon and her play together
- Prefers mommy when hurt of sleepy but she always asks about daddy (read A LOT!!!)
- Getting more liberal with her kisses and hugs
- Shy in new settings and with adults
- Loves her grandparents and aunts and uncles
She is growing up so fast but it is fun to see her little personality, equal parts sweet and firey, appear! We love you SOOOOO much Vera Ann. We can't imagine our lives without your fun spunky spirit lighting up our home....Happy Birthday Baby Girl...glad you still let me cuddle you and call you my baby :)!