Better late then never...while laying our sod they cut our internet connection...oops! But we are fixed and now I can share my thankfulness....:)
924. Survived the prep and colonoscopy with clear and good results - Praise God
925. So many people texting and sharing they prayed for me -I am more than humbled
926. Encouraging scripture (look up Philippians 4:13, Psalm 34:4)
927. a patient hubby - I asked the same questions while in sedation about 100 times and I remember him being super sweet and kind
928. Sweet nurses
929. Hearing testimonies of God's work in the women of our bible study - WOW, He is doing amazing things!
930. Wrapping up a great semester of teaching on the Fruit of the Spirit - a powerful study and loved working with my dear friend Mandey...
931. A lunch date with the family at CJ's and sitting OUTSIDE
932. New sod
933. Solon wanting to be out 24/7 playing in said grass
934. Beautiful weather
935. Good nights sleep
936. great mother's day
937. sitting in the sun
938. a back-up sump pump installed - no water in the basement issues
939. New friends
940. prayers answered
941. bare feet and shorts
942. a made bed
943. a hard working husband
944. 2 healthy happy kiddos :)
Next week I will be rounding out my 1000 blessings, I know I have repeated some and forgotten many more but God is so gracious with us, slow to anger, easily forgives and carefully challenges us. Lately, He has really been tugging on my heat to mother more like Him. Did you know the word "discipline" has the word "disciple" in it and that means to "train up" not punish. It has really made me stop and think about how I "discipline" my children. Am I saying "don't do as I do, do as I say" or am I living the life I want my children to model? Ouch. Would they call me gentle? Do I apologize when I blow a gasket? Do I tell them when I make a mistake? Do I let them know I spend time with God alone? The last few mornings I have had a kiddo with me as I finish my devotion, Solon even asked me to read it to him....I know I will never be perfect, that is impractical and impossible but I feel God nudging me to be a little more graceful, gentle and a little more purposeful in my role...I will get back to you on how that is going, it is going to require a whole lot more of Jesus and a whole lot less of me. Until then tune in for one more week of formal gratitude and then who knows what will be next - "Teach me Tuesdays"?
A gentle word turns away wrath but a harsh word stirs up anger.
....but rather the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit is of great worth to the Lord.
1 Peter 3:4