Well we wished our humble abode adieu with a few tears on my part (mostly out of shear exhaustion and the many happy memories this home housed!). I mostly cried in the room directly below, my babies room - the place I brought both of my babes home to. I remember carefully decorating and preparing that room for their arrival. But moving so much as a child, I know no place holds the memory but your heart! I had to take a few "final" photos for a keepsake back to where we started when we moved in with a bed, couch and flea market table and chairs....oh how times have changed...we needed a tad more than a u-haul trailer to move out!
Kitchen (labor of LOVE!)
Port Changes at this home in the 7 years we lived there:
- A Dog
- 2 kids
- landscaping all the way around the house (my back remembers the 5 tons of rock we poured)
- Back patio and deck modifications
- DIY basement finishing with painted ceilings, walls and carpet
- Kitchen backsplash
- Painting all the woodwork
- Redoing all the doors
- Adding a storm door
- Adding ceiling fans and lighting
- Redoing all the cabinetry in the house
- Lots of paint and redo paint
- and many more little projects to make it ours...