It is hard to believe our little lady is already 3 months old (13 weeks)....It is flying by TOO fast...She is really starting to get her own little personality. She is very social, prefers to be awake and held, working on napping during the day, still a great nighttime sleeper, growing taller everyday and still has very few rolls on her thighs and luckily for me she is still a peanut!
Here is what she is up to this month:
She is such a blessing and we thank God for her everyday. She has been super healthy this month and we are thankful for that as well! We can't wait to celebrate her 1st Christmas this month, her 1st trip to Grandma and Grandpa's and ring in 2012. She is approaching her 1 year anniversary to the day her heartbeat started beating....she is all I ever dreamed for in a daughter and we are INCREDIBLY blessed! We love you Vera Ann always and forever :)
- We got her to laugh a couple of times 1 night but there has been no repeat performance SO we either haven't figured out what makes her laugh or she isn't sure how to do it again YET!
- She still despises tummy time, the girl may never learn to roll over because she just wails when placed on her tummy.
- Her neck strength is impressive. We put her in her bumbo for short times and she loves to watch Solon play.
- She now likes the swing and will occasionally fall asleep while swinging.
- She has successfully taken several bottles like a champ.
- She has had her 1st babysitter and did a beautiful job for them...
- She goes to bed between 7:15-8pm nightly, wakes up around 2am and then sleeps until about 8AM BUT sometimes she will wake up for an additional feeding somewhere in there - just depends.
- Weighs over 11 lbs. but not sure the exact weight
- Nurses about every 2.5 to 3 hours during the day
- Will take a longer afternoon nap with mommy IF she can lay next to mommy :)
- Still sleeping in her bassinet
- Likes to be swaddled for sleep
- Growing out of her 0-3 month clothing (especially pants and pajamas - opposite of her brother - she has super long legs - yay for her!)
- Loves to be sung to, talked to and smiled at :)
- She has such a sweet personality and only cries when she is tired, hungry or wants to be held